Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

R.I.P. Mike Lull

+7
Cantão
fheliojr
bodhan
Mauricio Luiz Bertola
joabi
allexcosta
Nando Vasques
11 participantes

Ir para baixo

R.I.P. Mike Lull Empty R.I.P. Mike Lull

Mensagem por Nando Vasques Sex Fev 14, 2020 8:03 pm

Notícia triste para o mundo dos baixistas....
Nando Vasques
Nando Vasques
Membro

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

R.I.P. Mike Lull Empty Re: R.I.P. Mike Lull

Mensagem por allexcosta Sex Fev 14, 2020 8:54 pm

Shocked Sad
allexcosta
allexcosta
Administrador

Mensagem por joabi Sex Fev 14, 2020 9:16 pm

R.I.P.

joabi
joabi
Eterno Colaborador
Eterno Colaborador

Mensagem por Mauricio Luiz Bertola Sex Fev 14, 2020 9:23 pm

R.I.P
Mauricio Luiz Bertola
Mauricio Luiz Bertola
FCBR-CT
FCBR-CT

Mensagem por bodhan Sex Fev 14, 2020 10:06 pm

RIP Sad
bodhan
bodhan
Membro

Mensagem por fheliojr Dom Fev 16, 2020 7:11 pm

"In Memoriam: Mike Lull

by Kevin Johnson
Friday, February 14th, 2020
Mike Lull

Very sad news to report today: bass builder Mike Lull has passed away at the age of 65. A cause of death was not announced. The news was shared on the Mike Lull Custom Guitars Facebook page.

“It is with tremendous sadness that we share that our great leader and company’s founder, Mike Lull, unexpectedly passed away on the 12th of February, 2020,” they wrote. “Mike was a visionary and inspiration for the Music community, and he left his indelible mark on every instrument he ever touched and every customer he ever helped. In fact, Mike never considered anyone ‘customers’, they were all his friends. Mike’s dedicated staff and family will be carrying on his legacy as this is what Mike wanted. If you would like to send your condolences, feel free to reach out at mike@mikelull.com or stop by the shop at any time.”

Lull was born in Eugene, Oregon in 1954 and got his first job repairing guitars when he was just sixteen years old. In fact, he built his first bass even before that.

“I built my first bass guitar in ninth grade shop class because my parents wouldn’t let me buy one,” Lull told us in a 2011 interview. “I was always taking shop classes and was really good with my hands, but I said ‘You know, I really want to play bass guitar,’ and they said, ‘No, no, it’s not a real instrument.’ This is the middle-60’s, by the way. They said, ‘It’s not a real instrument. You can play the upright bass or you can play the guitar.’ So I chose the guitar, but in the back of my mind I’m going, ‘I’m gonna get this bass guitar, you watch.'”

In 1976, he opened Mike Lull’s Guitar Works in Bellevue, Washington. His business quickly flourished and became even more prominent in the 90s as bands from the Pacific Northwest’s grunge scene came through his shop. The artists would name drop him in interviews, leading to more business. A glowing review in Bass Player magazine gave Lull the confidence to further his craft. “They did an article on me and my shop here as a luthier, and from there asked me to send a 4-string for review,” he said. “Then they did a review on one of my 5-strings and it just snowballed. It got bigger and bigger, so I decided, ‘I should really take this building thing seriously. I think I can really make this into something.'”

Lull’s basses are known for taking a familiar design and modernizing some aspects and improving playability. They are played by a wide range of artists including Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament, Tom Petersson, Eric “Pik Funk” Smith, Randy Jackson, Hugh McDonald, and more.

Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Mike Lull."

Fonte: https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2020/02/14/in-memoriam-mike-lull/?utm_source=dailynews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=headline

Pena.
fheliojr
fheliojr
Membro

Mensagem por Cantão Dom Fev 16, 2020 8:04 pm

R.I.P... Sad
Cantão
Cantão
Moderador

Mensagem por pedrohenrique.astronauta Seg Fev 17, 2020 10:04 am

RIP
pedrohenrique.astronauta
pedrohenrique.astronauta
Membro

Mensagem por WHead Seg Fev 17, 2020 10:27 am

Notícia triste..
Diz a lenda que Mike Lull construiu seu primeiro baixo em 1967 porque não tinha dinheiro suficiente para comprar um instrumento novo. Ele juntou um corpo que ele mesmo cortou ao braço e à parte elétrica de um baixo barato quebrado que um amigo lhe deu. Seu trabalho permanecerá.
WHead
WHead
FCBR-CT
FCBR-CT

https://whiskyheads.bandcamp.com/

Mensagem por Andremoura Seg Fev 17, 2020 3:11 pm

R.I.P.
Andremoura
Andremoura
Membro